In our department we investigate the neural underpinnings of learning and memory processes in rodent models. Here, we aim to understand the role of specific brain areas and neurotransmitter systems as well as the architecture and function of neural circuits and synaptic plasticity mechanisms. Towards this end, we use a wide range of techniques including pharmacology and behavioral analyses, electrophysiology, viral gene transfer, optogenetics, imaging techniques and anatomical approaches.
If you are interested in a Bachelors or Masters thesis, please contact us!
We are looking for a highly motivated candidates with expertise ex vivo or in vivo electrophysiology, optogenetics, behavior and/or imaging techniques.
Masters and Bachelors Students
Opportunities for Masters and Bachelors projects for students from Tuebingen and Stuttgart Universities are available upon request.
Placements for students in Technical Biology, Biology, Medical Technologies, Neuroscience or related fields are available upon request
Partners and Consortia
- Hertie Institute for Clinical Brain Research Tuebingen
- Centre for Integrative Neuroscience Tuebingen
- Graduate Training Centre for Neuroscience Tuebingen
- CRC Fear, Anxiety, Anxiety Disorders
- CRC Plasticity and Sleep
- Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Switzerland
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, USA
- CRC Functional ensembles Heidelberg
- CRC Extinction Learning Bochum
- Brain & Behavior Research Foundation, USA
- Mouse Brain Atlas
- Openoptogenetics Platform
- Allen Brain Institute, USA
- German Neuroscience Society
- Deutsche Physiologische Gesellschaft
- Federation of European Neuroscience Societies
- Society for Neuroscience, USA