- The next lecture will take place in the winter semester 2020/2021.
Main topics of the lecture series
- Topic 1: Structure and characteristics of the polymerization of intermediate filaments, actin filaments and microtubules
- Topic 2: Parameters of Polymer Physics (Persistence Length, Kuhn Length, Elasticity moduli, Entropic spring)
- Topic 3: Elastic characteristics of flexible protein filaments and macromolecules
- Topic 4: Elastic properties of lipid membranes
- An up-to-date overview with lecture dates can be found at C@MPUS
- All documents will be made available for download in the ILIAS course.
- Mechanics of the Cell (David Boal, Cambridge University Press, 2002)
- Mechanics of Motor Proteins and the Cytoskeleton (Jonathon Howard, Sinauer Inc. Publishers, 2001
- Lehrbuch der Biophysik (Erich Sackmann und Rudolf Merkel, Wiley-Vch, 2005)
- Seminar paper and lecture on a topic of cellular biomechanics
- Submission of the seminar paper and date of the lecture: by appointment at the end of the winter semester