- The next lecture will take place again in the summer term 2020.
Topics of the lecture series
- Topic 1: Separation and detection techniques of biomolecules
- Protein determination methods: A280 / A205, fluorescence, biuret (Lowry, Beisenherz, bicinchoninic acid) and Bradford (Jendrossek)
- Basics of Enzyme Kinetics (Jendrossek)
- Protein cleavage methods (Jendrossek)
- Chromatographic separation methods: chromatofocusing, hydroxapatite chromatography, reversed phase chromatography, hydrophobic interaction chromatography, thin layer chromatography, affinity chromatography (Ni-NTA, MBP, glutathione-S-transferase, PHB, chitin, cellulase, avidin / biotin, intein and streptag (Jendrossek)
- Electrophoretic separation and detection methods: Southern blot, Northern blot, Western blot, Capillary electrophoresis (Jendrossek)
- Topic 3: Optical concentration and structure analysis
- UV / VIS techniques in the bioanalytics of proteins and nucleic acids (Nussberger)
- Circular dichrosimus and optical rotation dispersion for secondary structure analysis of proteins and chiral recognition of molecules (ORD, CD) (Nussberger)
- Fluorescence-based bioanalytics (Nussberger)
- Infrared spectroscopy (IR, FTIR, Raman) (Nussberger)
- An up-to-date overview with lecture dates can be found at C @ MPUS
- All documents are available for download in the ILIAS course.
- Lottspeich, Engels (Hrsg.) Bioanalytik (Springer Spektrum)
- However, successful participation requires regular participation in the lecture.
- In addition, regular participation in the internship Bioanalytik I is expected.