- Due to the current developments regarding the spread of the corona virus COVID-19, it is currently not possible to predict in what way the university teaching activities will be affected in the near future.
In the winter semester 2022, all lectures will be record and deposited in ILIAS for download. In addition, in consultation with the students and in accordance with the corona rules of conduct applicable at our university, there will be classroom letures in which the course content will be discussed. Information about the dates will be available in CAMPUS.
Topics of the lecture series
- Topic 1: Fundamentals of X-ray crystallography
- Bravais grid, Fourier theory (Nussberger)
- Ewald construction (Nussberger)
- Solution of the phase problem (Nussberger)
- Topic 2: Basics of Cryo-Transmission Electron Microscopy (Nussberger)
- Topic 3: Super-resolution microscopy
- Near-field optical microscopy and total internal reflection fluorescence microscopy (TIRFM) (Nussberger)
- Stochastic Optical Reconstruction Microscopy (STORM) and Photoactivated Localization Microscopy (PALM) (Nussberger)
- Stimulated Emission Depletion Microscopy (Nussberger)
- Topic 4: Methods for manipulating individual molecules
- Optical tweezers (Nussberger)
- Scanning Probe Microscopy (AFM, SNOM) (Nussberger)
- Topic 5: Electrophysiological Methods
- Patch Clamp (Nussberger)
- Single Molecule DNA Sequencing (Nussberger)
- Droplet hydrogel bilayer (Nussberger)
- Topic 6: Genetic analysis
- 2-hybrid system (Jendrossek)
- DNA chips (Jendrossek)
- Directed mutagenesis (Jendrossek)
Smart to know
- An up-to-date overview with lecture dates can be found in CAMPUS.
- All documents are available for download in the ILIAS course.
- Bernhard Rupp, Biomolecular Crystallography: Principles, Practice, and Application to Structural Biology (Garland, 2010)
- Paul R. Selvin and Taekjip Ha, Single-Molecule Techniques (Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press 2008)
- Lottspeich, Engels (Hrsg.) Bioanalytik (Springer Spektrum)
- Joseph R. Lakowicz, Principles of Fluorescence Spectroscopy (Springer, 2006)
- Seminar paper and lecture on a topic of molecular bioanalytics
- Submission of the seminar paper and date of the lecture: End of the semester
- Successful participation in the lab course