Cancer / Neurobiology / Biochemistry / Molecular Biology / Pharmacology
- Gorska-Ponikowska M, Kuban-Jankowska A, Eisler SA, Perricone U, Lo Bosco G, Barone G, Nussberger S. 2-Methoxyestradiol affects mitochondrial biogenesis pathway and succinate dehydrogenase complex flavoprotein subunit A in Osteosarcoma cancer cells. Cancer Genomics Proteomics. 2018 Jan-Feb;15(1):73-89.
- Gorska-Ponikowska M, Perricone U, Kuban-Jankowska A, Lo Bosco G, Barone G. 2-methoxyestradiol impacts on amino a cids-mediated metabolic reprogramming in osteosarcoma cells by its interaction with NMDA receptor. J Cell Physiol. 2017 Nov;232(11):3030-3049
- Gorska M, Zmijewski MA, Kuban-Jankowska A, Wnuk M, Rzeszutek I, Wozniak M. Neuronal Nitric Oxide Synthase-Mediated Genotoxicity of 2-Methoxyestradiol in Hippocampal HT22 Cell Line. Mol Neurobiol. 2016 Sep;53(7):5030-40.
- Gorska M, Kuban-Jankowska A, Zmijewski M, Marino Gammazza A, Cappello F, Wnuk M, Gorzynik M, Rzeszutek I, Daca A, Lewinska A, Wozniak M. DNA strand breaks induced by nuclear hijacking of neuronal NOS as an anti-cancer effect of 2-methoxyestradiol. Oncotarget. 2015 Jun 20;6(17):15449-63.
- Gorska M, Kuban-Jankowska A, Zmijewski MA, Gorzynik M, Szkatula M, Wozniak M. Neuronal nitric oxide synthase induction in the antitumorigenic and neurotoxic effects of 2-methoxyestradiol. Molecules. 2014 Aug 28;19(9):13267-81.
- Visiting Researcher, Department of Biophysics, Institute of Biomaterials and biomolecular Systems, University of Stuttgart, Germany; since 2017
- Associate Professor, Department of Medical Chemistry, Medical University of Gdansk, Poland, since 20
- Research Associate, Department of Medical Chemistry, Medical University of Gdansk, Poland, since 2013
- PhD in Medical Science / Biochemistry, 2013
- Strategic Pharmacy Management, Faculty of Management and Economics, Technical University of Gdansk, postgraduate studies, 11.2009 - 05.2010
- M.Sc. in Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Medical University of Gdansk, Gdansk, Poland, 2009
Forschungsprojekte und Forschungsmittel:
- Mitochondrial biogenesis and mitophagy as potential anticancer target of 2-methoxyestradiol, No. IP2015 022074, 2015 - now, Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education, Iuventus Plus Programme, manager;
- 2-methoxyestradiol as physiological inducer of neuronal nitric oxide synthase nNOS in model of apoptosis of osteosarcoma cells, No. 2012/07/B/NZ1/00010, 2013-2017, National Science Center, main executor and co-author of the project;
- Polyphenols of olive oil as anticancer agents, MN 01-0276/08/259, 2017 – now, Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education, manager;
- Activity of PTP1B and SHP2 phosphatases and molecular mechanisms of oxidative stress in MCF-7 breast cancer cel ls, IP2015 038774, 2015 – now, Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education, Iuventus Plus Programme, executor;
Medical University of Gdansk, Department of Medical Chemistry, Debinki 1, 80-211 Gdansk, Poland